Choosing the right PinPointer for your treasure hunting expeditions can be difficult. However, we have teamed together to bring an informative list and review of all the Top PinPointers on the market. Any serious detectorist knows you really should have a Pinpointer in your treasure hunting arsenal.
So lets get started!
This probe comes fully stocked with some features never seen before in a pinpointer! The XP DEUS MI-6 Pinpointer is still so new that availability is LIMITED! However, with such quality and features I believe it won’t take long for the MI-6 to storm the detector world!! LET’S DIVE IN!
- You DO NOT have to have a Deus metal detector to use this unit!
- Includes a quality made holster with a belt clip that has a locking rotate feature for easier access when crouched or digging!
- They even threw in a lanyard! HECK YEAH!
- The rubberized grip has an amazing feel and grip. Very ergonomically designed
- Rechargeable Battery! Lithium Polymer battery that comes with a 90 hour battery life!
- Fully WATERPROOF! up to 6 meters!!
- The bright red makes the MI-6 stand out in the field and in the eyes of its competition!
XP MI6 Pin pointer Video Review
One of the greatest features of XP’s MI-6 which makes it even more revolutionary and unique. Is the ability to connect via-radio link to Deus Remote Control and Headphones!
This creates another list of sub-features which include:
- Anti-Interference System– When you turn on your MI-6 the Deus with go into a standby mode. As soon as you turn your MI-6 off, the Deus Menu with fire right back up and away you go
- The Deus Display will change to the MI-6 Display when the MI-6 is turned on
- If you lose your MI-6 you can activate Research Mode from the Deus V4 Menu. This feature will help you locate your lost pinpointer. Even if the pinpointer is off!
- According to XP’s website the MI-6 can be recoverable for several weeks after you lose it. This is just pure awesomeness!
The Deus Menu is equipped with a ton of MI-6 adjustments.
- On Screen Battery Indication Meter
- Target Zoom Graph for more precise pinpointing capabilities
- Audio tone adjustments
- Sound modes pitch/zoom (I love the pitch mode! 50 levels of Sensitivity!)
- Research Mode
This Pinpointer is absolutely awesome!! The Garrett Pro-Pointer AT will make your life so much easier when out looking for silver and gold!
This unit ranks #1 on our listdue to its shear awesomeness! Its waterproof! Hence the name “AT” (all-terrain). This sucker works up to 10 feet below water! How cool is that!
The “Garrett-Carrot” as some enthusiast call it due to her bright orange color has 3 sensitivity settings. Low, Medium and High. Sometimes you don’t need all that awesome power when locating smaller targets!
The retune feature further focuses the signal for those tiny targets! The Garret Pro Pointer AT just simply can’t be beat.
You will definitely be a happy hunter with this purchase. You get a lot of bang for your buck!
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT Video Review
- Here is another great Pinpointer! The Makro is 100% waterproof! Fully Submersible!
- You can change the audio modes to vibrate only, audio only or vibrate/audio! This feature is great when you don’t want to attract a lot of attention to yourself in a public area
- The Makro includes two replaceable hard shelled covers to protect your unit. One of the covers is just a basic cover, while the other has a scraping tool designed into it
- Includes a finds bag, belt holster, you even get a carrying cases complete with a shoulder strap. Not too shabby!
- On top of all that they even provide a 2 year warranty
- The Makro Pointer is fairly new to the scene but it is not stopping them from ranking into our top 5 list! I suspect more quality products in the future!
- We picked the Minelab Pro-Find 25 because this pinpointer revolutionized pinpointers
- While this unit may not be waterproof. The Pro-Find 25 was the very first to have adjustable sensitivity
- Also came up with the audio adjusting feature. Where you can have, audio/vibrate, just vibrate, or just audio
- These features quickly became available on other makers after the release of Minelab Pro-Find 25
- This pointer comes at higher price than the rest however Minelab is noted for making top notch equipment. They are a highly respected brand in the metal detecting community
- 30 hours battery life
- 2 year warranty included!
- This is a pretty badass pinpointer
- This baby sniffs out deep targets. You won’t find another pinpointer that reaches the depths like this one
- Now, it may have great depth capabilities, it does lack in some other areas
- Maximum sensitivity has shown to be a bit unstable
- The LED light is very dismal
- The side scan feature has shown to have some problems
- This detector has its quirks and may not be the best for a beginner
- Hopefully the Bullseye TRX continues to be developed. With some of the issues remedied it could become a seriously powerful contender
- We cannot deny is superior depth abilities! It could be very useful to have in your arsenal when sniffing out those deep, old, targets!
A pin pointer is also known as a probe. It is a metal detecting tool that comes into play once the metal detector has been used. It is used to locate targets when digging. The device is useful for saving recovery time when hunting. The pin-pointers are ideally inserted into holes in order to save digging time without having to dig an entire crater.
There are two kinds of pin-pointers, the ones that are built-in and the ones that are separate and handheld. Those ones are the object of this article. Close proximity to a metal makes it go off and the noise is proportional to the proximity.
They are easy to use since no assembly is required. They are separate and so can be used with a wide range of metal detectors. The pin-pointers do not add any weight to the detector because they are very light. On the other hand, they are easy to lose since they are pretty small and easily get forgotten after hunting. They are also pretty noisy and better for the ones vibrate. They easily get damaged from constant falls.
The good ones do not get damaged even when falling after 10 meter falls.
Other Good Models Pinpointer Metal Detector Reviews
Pinpointer Metal Detectors Comparison
GARRETT Pro-Pointer Metal Detector
- Dimensions: 9.6 x 2.4 x 2.3 inches
- 360° side scan detection area
- 9 volt battery included
Wizard Vib Probe 2 Pinpointing MD
- 1 9V batteries required
- Audio Alert Built-in
- Any full-size metal detector
Deteknix Pin-pointer MD X-pointer
- Dimensions: 9.1 x 1.8 x 1.8 inches
- Adjustable sensitivity by press button
- Led flashing light for low visibility condition
Vulcan 360 MD handheld PINPOINTER
- Dimensions: 12 x 2 x 2 inches
- Submersible 360 pinpoint Tip
- Length 10.5 Inches
Garrett Pro-pointer MD woven belt holster and 9V battery
It combines the performance with a sleek design. It comes with a 2 year warranty. It is designed to make detecting easier for you by finding those difficult to find targets thanks to its static detection that cuts down on the recovery time. The Garrett pointer offers 360⁰ side scan detection area and automatic tuning to make work easier for you. This pinpointer has a microprocessor circuitry that will guarantee you of full sensitivity and barely need to tune it. It has a one-touch ease of use that enhances precision and reduces time spent hunting. It has a scraping blade for searching soil. It has audible and vibrating alarms which increase in magnitude and intensity as you approach the target.
There are LED lights for improving visibility in low light scenarios. This pinpointer is able to help you search walls and tight spaces and it is waterproof. It comes packaged with extras which include: woven belt holster, a 9 Volt battery, a buyer’s guide from Garrett and an owner’s manual. The user manual offers you with valuable tips on unique and reliable pinpointing skills and what is more is that you can try out the side scanning capabilities. This device is proven quality hailing from the renowned manufacturers of the ACE 250 as well as the GTI 2500 metal detectors which many people have fallen in love with.
Wizard Vib Probe 2 Pinpointing MD
This pin pointer is useful for archaeology and forensics that require precision in their line of work. They are created to detect at close range and using only the tip. It can detect a household staple at about ¼ to 3/8 inches. The objective of this pinpointer is to enable to one to be sure that they are touching or near to touching the target metals. You will be able to avoid erratic detection with the use of Vin-probe as the surrounding debris will hardly affect this pinpointer. It has three modes of notification: vibration, audio tones and LED illumination.
This pinpointer features very audible beepers which could easily be heard with the aid of headphones in case you are in a noisy environment. It also offers pistol grip design that gives ergonomic grip. It weighs about 2lbs so it is convenient to carry around.
This is the only pinpointer that detects metal targets near the tip area and it is quite precise at this. It has an economical price range and you should consider it to save on cash while ensuring precision in metal hunting.
Deteknix Pin-pointer MD X-pointer with ratio A/V indication
It comes with a water-resist function. It also comes with a ratio audio or vibration indication depending on the target distance. This feature is user defined and can be customized. It helps you know when the battery is about to run out by beeping. The battery it uses is a 9V alkaline one. It has adjustable sensitivity which is done by the press of a button. It uses LED lights for low visibility conditions. It also has a ribbed side for anti-slip. It weighs 14 ounces.
Vulcan 360 MD handheld PINPOINTER probe with holster
This one has 360⁰ functionality. It is super sensitive with advanced electronics and 5 levels of its control. The lower detecting shaft is programmed for extreme sensitivity to pinpoint coins, jewels and such metals.
It is fully automatic and therefore extremely easy to use. It has automatic ground balance which it will do as soon as it is placed at an optimal depth. It can be used in land and shallow water. It comes with a 2 year warranty.
PinPointer Metal Detector Buying Guide
The Metal detector pinpointing devices are found in various shapes and sizes. The more costly types have been designed using rugged materials but they come with a lot more features.
The best pinpointing device for one will be determined by the environment in which the individual wants to use the device. As such a fully waterproof or a minimally water resistant device will be appropriate if the target environment is near or inside water.
The next item to be factored in while choosing a metal detector is the type of response that the operator will prefer. There are various responses namely audio, vibration and in some there is additionally a target identification light indicator. A really good probe would have a buzzer alarm for telling the location of the metal.
They will also have LED light for indicating the amount of power. Usually the red for low power and green for normal power. Others have vibration as an alternative to the tones. There is an LED flashlight output to assist in those holes. A good probe would have a good rechargeable lithium battery.
If your search will involve having to check for precious metallic items which might meters deep, the DetectorPro PistolProbe will be quite appropriate as this device is good and it has a better precision when it comes to depths thanks to its pulse induction circuit.
If you are in the search of a metal detector Pinpointer to be used for water hunting you need to find out and settle on the waterproof ones. Models among the Treasure product have been certified and are good for water metal hunting and you can dive and snorkel with them. The overall best metal detector pinpointer is the Garrett Pro-Pointer and this enjoys quite some popularity due to its weatherproof nature. It also has belt holster, a scraping blade as well as all the response alarm options, all these is will be worth every penny you will spend.
So far the best and top-selling metal detector Pinpointers are the Makro Pinpointer and the Garrett Pro-Pointer AT.
Pinpointer Metal Detector Comparison Chart
|GARRETT Pro-Pointer||1.12 pounds||9.6 x 2.4 x 2.3 in||2-year||9|
|Wizard Vib Probe II||N/A||N/A||1 year||6|
|Deteknix 1V_1401.101||7.2 ounces||9.1 x 1.8 x 1.8 in||Manufacturers||9|
|Vulcan 360||N/A||12 x 2 x 2 in||2 Year||5|
In conclusion, having a metal detector pinpointer will come in quite handy when you are out metal hunting. Save time and make the whole exercise easier and fun with these devices. While at it make sure you select a good recovery tool and a holster to compliment your metal detector pinpointer. The choice of the metal detector should be determined by your metal hunting style as well as how much you are willing to spend. You really can’t tell which will be your lucky day you might just end up paying back the amount you spent to acquire your pinpointer while hunting.